Sunday, October 10, 2010

10/8 and 9--Rock Bass, Sunnies, and one decent-sized smallmouth



After teaching Friday morning, I took Ben and his friend Josh out to Mike's place. They each got one good bite on worms, but didn't set the hooks. It seemed like there more than usual tangles, but who knows why we didn't get any hookups. I wanted to clear the skunk, so we hit one side of the ELex, which was churned up and muddy, and then the other, which finally got us a half dozen or so rock bass and red-breast sunfish a piece.

Rockbridge Gothic. Boy with fish.

Look at how much heavier the flow over the dam is.
And also note the picnic bench, which was on the bank 20 yards up, washed into the flow regulators [or whatever those things are]. Also, for the record, I caught two fish while standing and/or walking across that log, on my way back from retrieving baits that Ben had hooked into the rock just past that second regulator.

That nght, after such a frustrating morning (and with five poles and my full box still in the car) I hit the pool just above the S-bend on the 'Lower Maury' and managed a few sunnies, plus one 13" [?] smallie. No pictures. I may have to head a little closer to the S-bend, because there were some serious fish moving in the air just as I packed up.

Saturday, Ben and I got a tip from someone at the soccer game (6-2, go Owls) about a 'honey hole' just behind the Tennis Center at WLU. I don't think we ever got onto it, but we rummaged around and found some fishy looking spots, plus a lurvely nature walk. Have to get back there soon--apparently, there is a spot that is thick with largemouth down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment