Tuesday, October 5, 2010

10.05 at the East Lex Bridge--minimal size, good numbers

In about an hour after work I pulled out 6 sunnies, 5 bass, and 2 'unhookers,' which is what I'm calling those 'fallfish' after both of them managed to shake themselves off a hook when I pulled them out of the water last night. 9 of those were on a Mepps #2 spinner, 6 of them one cast after another. I stood on a rock and said, "One sunny, one bass...Two sunnies, one bass...two sunnies, one bass, and one unidentifiable unhooker...." Then I got greedy and got FFS (fancy fishing syndrome) and put yet another Mepps into the creek bed when I tried to go downstream and also let my lure drift some. Last two fish were on a Square-A Bomber.

Biggest bass went 8".

We went to the 'Trout and Bass in Rockbridge County' lecture by Doug Bugas last night at VMI. Good stuff. The VDIFWR or whoever they are have a nice new poster out, and this Doug fella also says that this is a freshwater fishing paradise. Muskies in the James, apparently...

No comments:

Post a Comment