Wednesday, November 3, 2010

11.2 At 'the sewage'


If you get fishing tips like 'raht payst the awul cumpnee, where the sewer flows inna the rivuh--theys some big feesh theyah' you might be a redneck, or just live in Rockbridge. Anyway, the sewer puts some nutrient rich warmer water into the Maury, and there are flocks of sunnies, bass, and some monstrous carp there. Josh, Ben, and I caught an armload of sunnies and a...chub. Yeah, a chub--maybe one pound.

So, Tuesday night I made boilies--cornmeal etc mixed with fenugreek, red food coloring, maple syrup, and some egg into a dough. Boil .5-1.5" balls. Throw in water, including one with a hook in it. Catch BFC--big fat carp. That was the idea.

However, when we got there, Ben started with a Rebel Minnow. He cast it 4-5 times, but didn't catch anything. So then we switched to boilies. We also put some red-dyed corn in the water. Results--nothing. Didn't even see any bigger fish. I caught the chub on a boilie last week, but nothing doing yesterday.

So, then we switched to Wacky-Rigged 3" Senkos. I showed Ben how to twitch them, and rigged one for myself. I got a cast in, looked up to see what he was doing, and when I got back to my own line there was a largemouth on it.



While I was engaged in removing this phenomenally well-hooked fish from the hook, or the hook from it, Ben engaged this bronzeback (ie, smallie):
My fish was over 12" and over a pound. Ben's was maybe 3/4 lb and 9".

After that two minute rush, nothing else. Then I had to go to work. Oh, well. Lex Reservoir trip coming up this Sunday, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment